Car Care Tips
Summer Driving Tips:
- Always make sure the tires are inflated correctly. This will improve your gas mileage, make your tires last longer, and the vehicle will be safer because the brakes and suspension will be able to work properly.
- Have your battery tested. The higher temperatures can cause a weak battery to fail.
- Have your cooling system tested. A weak fan, or old coolant may be able to keep your engine cool when it is 50 degrees out, but may not be up to the task when the temperature reaches 90.
- Remove unnecessary items from the vehicle. Summer is a season for camping, kayaking, or otherwise enjoying the outdoors, but all of that equipment will drag down your gas mileage.
- At cruising speeds modern vehicles are more fuel efficient with the windows up and the air conditioning running than with the windows down.
- If you have any doubts about the condition of your air conditioning system, come see us and we will check it out for you.